Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Heyni!!

October 16th

Heyni's Birthday was October 9th (we were in Philadelphia), so we had a belated celebration.  We had dinner at Jaleo in Bethesda, and for the record I think La Tasca is way better, as far as tapas goes.  We luckily arrived before she did so I was able to give the waiter her cupcake, to surprise her at the end of the meal.  BTW the beautiful pan of carrot pineapple cupcakes I made, were all wrapped up, she had to open them at the end of the meal.  So she didn't get her flan, but she did get her cream cheese icing.  Once she opened them, she decided to dole out the cupcakes based on which ones fit our personalities....the results...
 Lauren got the long sprinkles...her fav...




 I got one I like to call the birth of a vampire...I was feeling very artistic!
 
Richard got the Pumpkin, which he was not about to let me photograph.
Nicole got the yellow orange swirls of fire...
I don't have a picture of Jay, but he got the bats, because he rescued Heyni from a bat in her apartment once...

After the cupcake sorting was finished we headed out to Markoff's Haunted Forrest, a bit outdoor haunted house somewhere in the woods in Maryland.  It was an experience for sure.  The line was crazy long, but once we got through to the waiting area, they had fire dancers, a zombie DJ, and giant campfires to keep us warm.  Once in the haunted house the scariest part was just not knowing when they were going to pop out, the funniest part was watching Kate, Nicole, and Lauren react.  Heyni could have been a ghost hunter in another life.  The only bad part was when I almost had an astha attack from all the chain saw fumes, and having a chainsaw up against your leg (not my idea of a good time).  But what's a haunted house without a chainsaw.  Overall it was a very nice time, with great people.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Hit Counters