Sunday, January 17, 2010

Semester 2 Week 1...And so it begins again.

So, this week started out wonderfully with my trip home from Dallas arriving back to DC at midnight.  I then had two days to get all ready for school, get everything cleaned up, and all my errands done.  So it took some time and a little stress but I eventually got it all together, and even had time for a nice dinner with friends.


Monday, Lauren and Nicole came over for some dinner.  I made canellini bean dip, followed by pancetta vegetable soup, a main course of chicken milanese and salad, and finished off with a low cal jello chocolate pudding with cool whip.  But mostly it was nice to catch up after the break!

Tuesday, First day of the new semester and day 1 of my new healthy life plan.  I have started an exercise regimen and decided to make some dietary modifications to improve my health.  In order to be successful with this endeavor Lauren, Nicole, and I are holding each other accountable.  I also downloaded a great app on my iPhone that I have become obsessed with called edibles it is a food and exercise journal that allows you to track your caloric intake and estimated output, it's wonderful!  Then I also started a daily blog where I can just write about my day and what I'm doing... we'll see what works is the goal. 

School has not quite gotten into full swing yet, but I can tell it's going to be an intense semester.  So I'm trying to enjoy this week but not get too far behind. 

Thursday, I attended my first Georgetown Basketball game it was great!  We played Seaton Hall and WON!  I went out with 7 other girls, and we hit up La Tasca for some delicious Sangria (1/2 price on thursdays) and tapas.  It was a very successful night out!



Friday, after school I had a chance to hang out a bit with Heyni and Lauren we went down to Georgetown and had some dinner/drinks, before heading to the university to watch Where The Wild Things Are.  It was a very interesting movie, I'm not quite sure waht to make about it, I was surprised to find it pretty funny.  Also, one week from today Richard will be moving here!!! YEAH!!!

Saturday, I had a dinner party with a full table!  It was great, I love entertaining!  I tried to not get too crazy with the big dinner, I didn't want to make 2 courses but I ended up doing more than planned as usual.  We had Caprese salad, Cucumber salad, a mixed green salad, Rigatoni with sauce and meatballs, garlic basil croutons, followed by peach blackberry cobbler.  It was wonderful!  Then we headed to Black Fin for a mixer with the Med School and Graduate Business School, where we danced the night away!  It was a great start to the semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Hit Counters