Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

I have never been one to make new year's resolutions, in fact I don't remember ever making one.  This year I decided to change that so to speak...  I didn't actually make a single resolution, but I made lists of what I hope to accomplish in 2011.  There are two lists.  List one was inspired by the fact that this could be our last year in DC and there is still a lot I want to do here, so it's a list of local museums and activities I hope to enjoy this year.  List two is my culinary adventures list, which is a list of those items "I always wanted to make".   So far I've knocked one off each list:

List 1 Item: Newseum

The newseum is an interactive museum dedicated to the what, when, where, why, and how of news.  It's one of the few museums in the city with an entry fee, and a pretty hefty one at that $20, but of course I got a Groupon for less than 50%, so we finally ventured out to one of the city's best museums.  I would highle reccommend spending even the full price for entry to this museum, allow yourself at least 4 hours to visit.  Some of the highlights: a beautiful section of the berlin wall with a great exhibit, a moving 9/11 exhibit, and a collection of newpapers dating back to the 1500's including the first publication of the declaration of independence and the constitution...AMAZING!  Only complaint, the museum closes strictly at 5:00, they usher you out, so make sure you get there early enough to enjoy all the sights.

 
List 2: Ravioli and Lamb

Richard and I love to cook, and will be a bit more adventurous in 2011.  The last couple of weeks we've done very well for ourselves.  We started out with Ragu d'Agnello (lamb), a stuffed roasted lamb cooked in a tomato sauce.  And as promised we made Ravioli.  We have some work to do on our ravioli technique, but they were delicious none the less.  We stuffed them with a four chees mixture including: mozarella, Romano, Parmesean, and Mascarpone, with garlic and basil.  So here are the pictures... doesn't it make you want to come visit?  We eat good here :)


1 comment:

  1. i wish i could come visit and eat some tasty food with y'all! we miss hanging out with you and are really hoping you get to come back to texas sooner rather than later. hugs!

    ReplyDelete

 
Hit Counters