Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Wizard of OZ to the WORST Weekend

I started out my weekend Thursday, when Lisa and I continued enjoying the Christmas gift that keeps on giving. We started our evening with dinner at PD Johnson's deli, where we enjoyed some delicious queso and FREE beer (always great way to start an evening). Then we headed out to Fair Park for the Wizard of Oz at the Dallas Summer Musicals. It was absolutely wonderful, we had great ochestra level seats, and the show had excellent special effects, it was a great start, to an otherwise sucktastic weekend.

Lisa and I in front of the Aisle 3 (orchestra level)



Last weekend we moved out of our beloved house. We spent Friday through Sunday doing absolutely nothing but moving, I don't know who's idea it was to move in the middle of summer in Texas, but it was a bad one. Aside from the heat, the emotions were a little more than I could handle, so I spent the weekend acting as Moving Foreman (a.k.a. heinous bitch). The fact that we were splitting our belongings between four different locations only compounded the problem, by the time it was finished my answer to everything was "Throw it in the Trash".




The only good thing about the moving packed weekend was that we were too busy to realize the extent of the emotional trauma from the move... Until Sunday night that is...


Sunday night we had moved everything out except a few boxes and an old bookshelf from when I was a kid, so we "Free Stuffed" the bookshelf on Craigslist in order to get rid of it quick. This prompted one last trip to our house. We stopped at Taco Bell on the way to meet the guy picking up the bookshelf, so we enjoyed our Last Supper in the entry way of our first house.



It has been so hard for me this week as the reality has taken hold. Our house had so many wonderful memories with our friends, family, and each other. We had lived there for almost five years, and we've been together just over 6 years, so for me it was really the place where we became "US". Not to mention the fact that we poured so much of ourselves into making it our home. I spent a good five minutes balling hysterically in the kitchen of an empty echo filled house as my husband tried to console me. Just have to remind myself its all to achieve MY dream.


Our last load...
The VERY Last Box


We closed Monday June 22nd at 9am, and made our last drive down Sleepy Hollow, loaded up the last box, and said goodbye to our beautiful little house. Thank you all who have shared memories with us there, because all the memories of the good times is what truly makes it difficult to leave. I would love it if you all would post a good memory you have shared with us in our home!

4 comments:

  1. Bye, bye, house! We loved all the Halloween parties and dinner parties! Crystal, you are a great hostess! I especially thought Amanda's baby shower was loads of fun and you decorated so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i will never forget all the times we got together at your house, but one will always be the most prominent: the graduation party! not only was this an awesome party, not only was it the last time we all hung out as TWU gals, not only was it the time our husbands sang karaoke together and i ran around in a red cowgirl hat and sunglasses...it was the first time we really all hung out and our husbands all met. it was the start of this wonderful friendship that we have. thank you so much for inviting me to that party....and all the ones that followed. i will miss you & your house so much when you are in DC! i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the parties have been great, especially the 2005 parties... that was a really great year. but one of my favorite memories was of all of us cramed in y'alls office sitting around trying to plan bits and pieces of the europe trip. :) i also really appreciated my surprise pj birthday party. it's the first and only time i've had a "belly shot" taken that wasn't a pregnancy photo! ;) Your post made me tear up, and then laugh... we had taco bell as our last meal in our first house too! It's all very emotional, but you'll move on to better things! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite memory would be laying in your backyard with no pants on during the graduation party in 2007. I remember eating a dill pickle, drinking a Margarita, and "sunbathing". Then I have to confess I threw the rest of the pickle over your neighbors fence...sorry :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Hit Counters