Friday, August 7, 2009

The Closing of Another Chapter


August 6th

Today was my last day as a RN at Parkland, exactly two years from my start date. It was a completely surreal experience, the entire day seemed to float by in a haze, and then it was over, I had given my last report. As I was walking out I began to cry as I looked at people that I have really enjoyed working with, and know I will probably never see again.

After work, I went to dinner with Tara and Kayla where we discussed the day, what it felt like, and everything we disliked about working at Parkland (which definately rallied my spirits). However, it isn't so much that I no longer work at Parkland that upsets me, but the reality that I am about to leave my entire world behind. As we talked at dinner, I could not believe it was all over and how quickly two years passes, grad school always seemed like it was so far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Hit Counters