Saturday, August 8, 2009

Full Circle


Three days left…It is difficult to put into words what I am feeling right now, I have so many emotions swirling around inside, it’s like a hurricane. I’m tired, of people asking how I feel, yes I’m excited, but it’s hard to look forward to something that is going to temporarily separate me and Rich. I’m excited, I just finished my last day at Parkland and I get to start school in 3 weeks. I’m thankful, for my wonderful husband who is letting me fulfill my dreams and giving me my second chance, and for parents who support me even when it is difficult for them. I’m hopeful, that Richard will be able to find a job, because I believe he is extremely intelligent and is an outstanding employee. I’m annoyed, at the negativity and doubt expressed by so many, whatever it is you think I need to hear, I DON’T! We have had two years to discuss all the pros and cons, and believe me, we have thought about it. I’m sad, I love Dallas and I love my friends and family, I will miss everyone terribly. I’m anxious, for it to all be done. I’m thrilled, to meet my new niece Josephine (she was born this evening). I’m dreading Goodbye.

Today I graduated from the 34th Critical Care and Trauma Nurse Internship at Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, Texas. It was only two years ago I was a fresh graduate from TWU, incredibly naïve and thirsty for the excitement this new opportunity had to offer. It was a great two years, I gained an incredible level of knowledge in a very short time. I feel very blessed to have had the opportunity to participate in such a wonderful program, and thankful for the friendships I’ve gained. Lisa and Tara, despite everything I will always be thankful for both of you and the times we’ve shared, Parkland just wouldn’t have been the same without you (sorry to get all emotional).

Despite all the emotions, we actually had some fun today too! After our graduation we went to happy hour, and on to Whirlyball. What the ______ is Whirlyball? Well it’s kind of Lacrosse meets Bumper cars. One of the funnest things I have ever done, if you ever have the opportunity to do it, I highly recommend it!

2 comments:

  1. It was good to see you the other night. Whirlyball is definitely on the list of things I must try! I hope the next two years goes by fast!

    ReplyDelete

 
Hit Counters