Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Week 9-Happy Halloween


Monday morning started out with the written portion of my anesthesia midterm, followed by 4 miserable hours of anticipation, and then the feared oral exams. This was the first of many oral exams in this program, and we really didn't know what to expect, fortunately it wasn't quite as terrifying as expected. Basically the biggest fear was the unknown, granted the actual exam was no cakewalk! I did feel really good about it leaving though, so that's always nice, especially since I didn't do quite as well as I should have on the written exam... You can't win em all! (No worries, I got a B). As a reward for this experience we went to the on campus bar (which has a really good happy hour, and decent house wines) and had some drinks and discussed our triumphs and failures. When I came home, I decided I deserved more reward so I cooked dinner, and laid on the couch and watched TV for 4 hours and did absolutely NO SCHOOL!!!

Tuesday, brought the return of reality, unfortunately my brain was still checked out, so I just kindof drifted through. On the plus side, after school my friend Adaire and her husband, Will, brought me home and took me to go buy a battery, then we stopped for some delicious pizza at Sette Bello (Al Funghi, I love mushrooms!). Then Will successfully replaced my battery, so my car is up and running again, and I have vowed not to be so stupid in the future!

Wednesday, was a day of recovery! Since the last couple of weeks have been so busy, my house, laundry, errands, etc have been severely neglected, so today I just played catch up with that and with school. Oh! I ended the day with some TACOS, I really miss good mexican, so that's pretty much all I am going to eat when I come home for Christmas. Which by the way, I am coming home on the 15th of December, so lets make plans!!! But I forgot to mention in my post last week that we (me, Rich, and my mom and dad) are going to Mexico for Christmas, so we will be gone December 24th-29th. I am super pumped, we're going to an all-inclusive adults only resort outside Playa, so hopefully it will be super relaxing, because I know I will need it by the time December arrives.

Thursday, I don't really know what I did, except study and watch TV

Friday, last day of the week, I made it through another one, and as a reward I got to have dinner with friends. Nicole had us over for Stroganoff dinner, and Hocus Pocus (the movie). A night of good food, good conversation, and good friends.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!! Today was halloween, which has always been one of Rich and I's favorite holidays. Unfortunately we had to spend it apart this year, it's also the first time in five years we haven't had our big party. It was very different, but fortunately for me I still managed to have a really good time. Lauren, a friend from school, had a party at her house in Georgetown, where we enjoyed some food, drink, and fun in the form of catchphrase, before heading down to M street. M street was pretty much AMAZING! It was super crowded and the cops were out in full force, but it was some of the best people watching EVER! I really enjoyed seeing everyone in costume, and have the people were drunk and it was extremely amusing. I also conducted my own social experiment where I randomly started singing a song everyone knows and see how many people join in....it was a great time!

Me and Nicole

Garth and Wayne (Lauren, friend from school)

Only at a party with nurses...Drinking I.S.!

Crew from school, Nicole, Jason, Lauren, Me...P.S. I'm gazing lovingly at the skull because I crashed my plane on a desert island and my navigator died first...I was Amelia Earhart

Sunday, study, study, study and meeting the neighbors. My neighbor (who I had never met) down the hall had a post halloween hangover and housewarming party, so I went. I ate some meatloaf and potatoes, met some neighbors, then headed home for some more studying.







No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Hit Counters