Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Week 5

This week has been one of the busiest thus far. Trying to simultaneously keep up with 5 classes and studying extra for an upcoming exam is an overwhelming feat. I had my first biochem test on wednesday, which was particularly annoying. It was a 20 question test worth 20% of my grade, and 2 of the questions were over material not covered in lecture or our readings. Oh well! Moving on, after the exam we went to Happy Hour at La Tasca for Sangria and Tapas, good therapy after the exam.

Thursday, I tried to get a lot os studying done before Rich's arrival. He made his second visit, and had his second American Airlines catastrophe. His flight was 3.5 hours late leading to a 1:45 am arrival, when I had class at 8am the next morning. On the plus side, I had plenty of time to get some studying done and work on my health policy paper on cost containment in the reform debate.

Friday, Richard got to sleep, while I had to go to class from 8-3, then he picked me up from school and I went home to take a nap before our outing. After I woke up, we headed to Georgetown to meet some friends for dinner, and a Georgetown ghost tour (which was amazing). It was a good show, very entertaining, and ended at the famous exorcism steps (which I go by every day). Then we hit up the Tombs for some drinks before heading home.

Saturday, we just enjoyed being together. We ran errands, stayed home and cooked dinner, went to go see The Hangover (finally).

Sunday, we spent a beautiful sunny day at the zoo. This is a highly reccommended DC adventure in nice weather, the zoo is really very nice. After the zoo we stopped at Medaterra, a Greek restaurant close by with tasty $3 strawberry margs on sundays...Unfortunately Richard's driver's license is expired and they refused to serve him alcohol. He enjoyed watching me drink! Oh well, time to go home and watch the Cowboys! Actually, I wrote that lovely health policy paper I mentioned earlier, while Richard watched the Boys loose. Then we enjoyed a delicious dinner.

See the Tiger in the background...the battery died right after this picture, glad I got it.















1 comment:

  1. glad you guys had a good visit! i want to do the ghost tour when i come....is it good enough for you to go twice? =) miss you!

    ReplyDelete

 
Hit Counters