Saturday, September 26, 2009

Week 4


This week was definately busier than the last, it started off Sunday with the arrival of my first house guests which was definately exciting. I went and picked Steph and Thane up at Union Station at about 4:30, then we came home walked around the neighborhood, and then enjoyed a nice dinner at the house, then I did some studying while they watched the Cowboys.

Then monday, I had class, but monday evening after Thane and Steph had finished their sight-seeing we went to happy hour at a Tapas place called La Tasca in my neighborhood. It was amazing and I quite possibly have found a new addiction, they had absolutely amazing sangria (one of my favs) in 8 different varieties, and really good happy hour prices!!! So this is what I did the night before my first big graduate level test, I blew off some steam and didn't worry. It was a really great evening.

Tuesday, written exam at 8...easy, followed by lunch with the girls at Chipotle...yummy, cadaver practical at 1...SUCKED, Happy hour at the Tombs...feeling better, class at 5...boring! So the practical was much more difficult than the written (not what I was anticipating), hopefully it will all turn out ok though.

Wednesday, day of recovery! Went to class, came home took a 2 hour nap, bummed around, and then met Steph and Thane at the Kennedy Center for a horrible display of noise they called modern music?!?!? Oh well, it was free and I did get to see the Kennedy Center, which is beautiful. Then we headed to Dupont Circle where we went to Brickskeller's a restaurant with subpar food but an amazing beer menu, 1000 beers, it took us 30 minutes just to make a decision. The beers really were great!

Thursday, more class, Thane and Steph left, and I must succomb to reality and start the biochem study-a-thon (biochem test next wed). BTW I did wonderful on my written Anatomy exam...still awaiting the practical grade.

Friday, long day...Anatomy, Biochem, Lunch, Anatomy Lab, Biochem Review/Cluster ****, Happy Hour again!

Saturday, I hired a dog walker for when I can't make it home to let Angel out...i.e. Tuesdays I'm at school 8am-8:30pm. Then my bed, which I have been waiting on since June, was supposed to be delivered, but they arrived and only had half the bed! WHAT!!! Now we are trying to deal with that drama. Going to spend the rest of the day studying and maybe a Target run!





1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a pretty good week. Good luck with the half a bed. Do they sell half beds at Target? I'm glad you got some visitors.

    ReplyDelete

 
Hit Counters