Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Week 5- TWO BLIZZARDS in 5 days...Are you kidding me?

So, the last time I wrote I really had no idea what was in store for me this week.  Monday came and went and I studied, studied, studied, I didn't want to waste a free day.  Then Tuesday came, and no school again, this is 3 snow days, plus Saturday and Sunday I have been cooped up in this apartment, 5 days so far.  So I decided I better go to the store again, yes I remember what I said last week, but I was off and Richard had to go to work, and bottom line I LIKE TO EAT!  So I did it again, I faced the insanity, which was slighly subdued in comparison to last week, but still significantly elevated from the status quo.  I got more food to last us through another Blizzard, but the roads are still awful.  There are about 2 inches of ice caked onto the roads, and I was sliding all over the place.  Not to mention the fact that yes, many roads have been plowed but there is no where for the snow to go, so roads 4 cars wide barely have room for one car. 

Richard went to work Monday and Tuesday so at least he got to get out of the house for a while.  He takes a major thoroughfare to work so it was in pretty good shape.  He also was able to stop in the burbs at a grocery store to secure some milk and eggs for our upcoming blizzard, no more soy milk for me!  He made it home about an hour after the snow started...

Then between 4pm Tuesday and 4pm Wednesday we got another 12-14" of snow on top of the 26" we got on Fri/Sat... I have never seen so much snow in all my life.  I thought it was crazy Saturday, now it is super insane.  Did I mention that this is now the WORST winter in the history of Washington DC?  Cause it is!  Needless to say, I did not go to school Wednesday either, and Richard stayed home and worked diligently from the office while I studied and stalked people on facebook.  I also found out today that we are supposed to get another storm on Monday, hopefully not too bad, I can't handle much more (neither can our gov't).  Oh and on the plus side they confiscated our President's Day to make-up for the snow.

Thursday I was supposed to have my first big exam of the semester that I've been studying hard for all week, but you guessed it, NO SCHOOL!  This snow has brought my entire world to a screeching hault, and mass chaos will be the reward.  At this point I am going absolutely nuts being locked up in this house, I'm dying to get out and have some fun...good thing I bought some wine at the grocery store and we've had plenty of delicious food to keep us company.

FRIDAY...The world restarted (maybe a little too early).  I had my first OR Observation at Fairfax INOVA hospital so it was nice to be in the hospital again and to see an OR and induction now that I actually have some anesthesia knowledge.  The roads were still in pretty bad shape, so on the way home it took me forever to get to school.  The bridge had two lanes closed due to the snow and everyone in the city was out and about.  But it didn't even compare to the traffic friday night.... Some friends and I were supposed to go to an aerobic pole dance class and we decided to drive.  It took us 2 hours to get NOWHERE, so we finally just pulled over and had some dinner and drinks while awaiting the Apocalyptic traffic to pass. 

Friday was also my one month anniversary of working out 6 times a week, eating less than 1800 calories a day, and eating at least 5 fruits and veggies a day.
Heyni's now happy because we had food and drinks....


The BIGGEST single serving of muscles in the WORLD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Hit Counters