Saturday, February 27, 2010

Week 6-Valentine's Day and Beyond...

Sunday was Valentines day!  Richard and I started our day with delicious chocolate chip pancakes with strawberries and cool whip.  Then I recieved my V-day gift, a box o f chocolates from a local pastry shop, called the Heidleburg Bakery (see pic).  We continued our celebration with homemade pizza for lunch.  Followed by the GRAND FINALE, Scallops Bonne Femme with Asparagus, Potatoes, and Salad, accompanied by a nice bottle of wine from the Italian Store.  Thank you husband!

MONDAY-Back to reality, we have a lot of catch up after that monstrous snow storm!  Luckily I didn't drive today, because they closed down the Key Bridge for 3 hours this afternoon (this is the bridge I have to cross to get from VA to DC to get to school).  So Nicole and I decided to walk home, in the snow... I didn't wear my snowboots today, my feet were wet, cold, and injured by the time I got home.  They had to close the bridge to plow, because only 2 lanes of the 4 lane bridge were open, TRAFFIC NIGHTMARE...Study pharm...
TUESDAY- Study pharm...
WEDNESDAY-Study a little patho but mostly PHARM!
THURSDAY-Pharm Exam I  (which sucked!)  Also I was 20 minutes late thanks to the snow that is still drastically impeding the roadways, which did nothing for my performance.  Anyway as soon as I got home I had to start studying for tomorrow....Patho
FRIDAY-Study patho...go to physio...PATHO EXAM!  This exam was much better than yesterday's and I did very well. 

Then I finally got a little break... Tom, Sara and the kiddos came over for dinner.  It was so wonderful to get a night off and enjoy some good food and company.  Tom's birthday was last Sunday, so I decided I would make him a birthday cake.  So Sara said he like coconut, I had never made a coconut cake before, so I had to consult MOM.  Fortunately she gave me a fantastic recipe, I made a delicious cake, and got to use my kitchenaid mixer (which I don't get to use much). 

More Valentine's pics....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Hit Counters