Monday, February 1, 2010

Week 3 Getting Sick to Getting Adjusted

It seems Richard brought me a cold when he arrived (not really, they just coincidentally showed up at the same time).  So I've felt like death all week, with a severe sinus/upper respiratory tract infection and that horrible hacking cough...if you've known me for awhile you know the one I'm talking about.  So it's been difficult to keep up with my schoolwork feeling so lousy, but I managed ok.  It also killed my workout routine, I had to take 4 days off last week.  No worries I'm back on track now.  I did go to the doctor and get a nice antibiotic which made me more sick, but ultimately helped.  I feel a lot better now.

This week was another typical week in school, the only difference is my motivation.  Now that Richard is here, I have a reason to come home and get my studying done, if I get it done I get to hang out with my husband.  I am finding it very helpful thus far, we'll see when I get really busy in a few weeks though. 

Monday was Richard's first day in his new job.  It's a slow start, lots of training/reading/learning, so who knows if he'll like it yet?  It's going to take him some time before he even figures out what he's doing.  But he's here and that's the important thing.  His commute is only about 15 minutes in the morning and 20 at night (he's got the reverse commute).  His office has a nice gym, so he won't need to join Gold's.  He works a 9/80 work week, meaning he works 80 hours in 9 days so he has every other friday off.  There are definately some good parts...  But he is also functioning in a completely new role as a quality engineer (he has worked in manufacturing and operations for the last 6 years), so it's always difficult to start a new task.  Hopefully he will eventually enjoy it.

Wednesday we went to happy hour at La Tasca (are you seeing a trend, that's 3 weeks in a row) with some people from Raytheon.  We met a few new people, and met up with Kurtis and Katie (Katie got Rich the job), so it was nice to see them, and of course enjoy some delicious tapas.

We spent the weekend cocooned in our apartment because we got 8 inches of snow on Saturday.  It literally snowed all day long, I didn't mind I needed to catch up on my studying, and somehow Rich managed to entertain himself.  It was the most substantial snow I've ever experienced, but the aftermath is no fun!  It's dirty, and sludgy, and you have to swear hoes that won't be damaged by the salty sludge, plus it's cold.  Angel doesn't much care for it either, but she's coming around.

See ya next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Hit Counters