Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Week 14-GREAT NEWS!!!


The beginning of this week was absolutely wonderful, Richard was still here.  Monday, it was cold and rainy so we spent the day lounging around watching movies and had a nice dinner in.  Then Tuesday we got up and headed into the city to go to the Spy museum.  This is one of the only museums we had not visited before because its usually $20 to go, and almost every other museum in the city is free.  However, I got some discount groupon tickets, so we went, and it was really enjoyable and interesting...I still wouldn't pay $20 but it was worth the $9 I paid.  Then we had lunch in Chinatown before we headed home to take Richard to the airport.

Then the BIG news!  On our way home Richard got a text message from his friend Katie (who got him the DC interview), saying that they sent him an offer!  We were so excited that even though we should be going to the airport, we came home and logged on to the Raytheon secure site to look at the job offer, and it was good.


Thursday, after some negotiations he accepted the job at Raytheon in Falls Church (which is 20 minutes from our apartment against traffic, and about 10 minutes from Sara and Tom's house)...Sara this means I can send him to your house when I have to study or maybe when he makes me mad, haha, I'm kidding.

Richard got a job in DC and will be moving here in January!

Other than that, the week was spent preparing for my comprehenisve anesthesia oral exam, and written exam worth 60% of my grade. Only two weeks until Texas, though!

1 comment:

  1. SO, SO, SO, SO VERY excited for both of you!!!! congrats!

    ReplyDelete

 
Hit Counters