Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Katherine's Wedding

May 1, 2009


I've found a new motivation for blogging...at the end of the year I want to be able to look back over the last year and remember the funny moments and the little details that have been forgotten with time.


A wedding is a wedding, generally the same seqence of events, just different people and different colors. It is the moments that cannot be replicated. Katherine's (a friend from nursing school) wedding was beautiful, she looked amazing, the cakes were delicious, we enjoyed seconds at dinner, it didn't rain, plus there was plenty of wine to keep things interesting. Now to enjoy those special memories of the evening...


Let's start before the wedding, where Melissa, Jess, and I were getting ready together in Jess's sweat box bathroom, enjoying some rose spumante. It was so hot getting ready in this little bathroom, with the humid weather, plus the fact that Matt had just showered in the bathroom, and we had straight irons and curling irons blazing. This lead to me shedding some clothing while getting ready, and almost leading to an accidental incounter with the man of the house sans pants...luckily there was no exposure. But it is always so much more fun getting ready with the girls, than getting ready alone.


Once at the wedding the fun continues. One of my favorite topics of conversation at dinner was that of Melissa's tiny inner black woman. Also, we enjoyed reminiscing about all of our own wedding days. We certainly enjoyed our token wedding swing dance, albeit this time a little embarassing. Not because I was flashing the world, but because we were the only ones on the dance floor and Richard almost dropped me on a dip...then again he actually did drop me in the parking lot on the way out to the car. It was really funny, he picked me up while giggling hysterically all the way to the car, then when he put me down we both took a tumble in the parking lot...Luckily we were both drunk at this point.

We ended the evening with a feircely competitive game of Taboo. In which I got 8 card and Richard only got 7, therefore making me the WINNER! He had a hard time accepting it. We had a great time !

Congrats Greg and Katherine!
(No pictures, my camera is still broken, no new one yet)

1 comment:

  1. Aw..sounds like yall had fun! Wish we could have been there..boo to working weekends >:(

    ReplyDelete

 
Hit Counters