Sunday, September 12, 2010

The BEST present you can give a compulsive competitor!

Wednesday was Richard's 29th birthday! Which of course he is not thrilled about, and neither am I seeing as I am going to get to spend the next year hearing about how he is "almost 30"! But we have had quite the week of celebration none the less.


Wednesday also happens to be our kickball night, so after my first day of clinical I helped Rich make dinner, made some homemade birthday hats and we headed down to the mall for the game. It turns out the Wednesday after Labor day isn't a big kickball day and we only had sevegn players show up. Which means we had to play three players short... So after much debate we decided to play short handed, meaning we started with a score of negative 3 and every time we got through our batting order we had to automatically take three outs. So needless to say we did not anticipate a victory, but our team played a glorious game with a 15-8 win.  So my husband was gifted with glory for his birthday!

We continued the celebration into the weekend with a romantic dinner for two and our favorite french place (best mussels EVER), and then the birthday party on Saturday.

I love this pic, despite my BIG head :)

I planned a party and the Biergarten Haus on H st. and we had a great turnout with 12, including Sara and Tom (no small feat, thanks guys), Karen (Richard's friend from middle school), all of my besties from school, and Katie and Kurtis.  This is a pretty authentic German Biergarten, complete with live polka band, German food, and our favorite German beer on tap (Franziskaner).  We really had a fantastic time, although our other German travelling buddies were definately missed, and of course all our friends from home who we usually celebrate with.  But I just wanted to thank you all for coming and celebrating with us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Hit Counters