Monday, September 6, 2010

The Road Goes on Forever and the Party Never Ends!

On August 5th I came home to Texas after 8 long months away!  I love DC but nothing is like Texas.  It's home and it's definately where my heart is!  I was home for ten fantastic days and Richard was home for nine, but we had a fantastic time.  We were successful in seeing the majority of our friends and family, and of course the reason we were home was Tara's wedding! 

I arrived in Texas in time for breakfast on Thursday, and immediately headed to Whitney for a little R&R on the lake with my parents.  It was 103 degrees at 9am, what a welcome!  The lake was a nice refresher in that heat.  Then on Friday, Christopher and C came down and spent the day, I love my family!



Friday night I headed to New Braunfels for the bachelorette party.  It was so much fun!  We floated the river on Saturday and then went out to dinner in Gruene at the Gristmill (which has tasty pina colada's and margaritas).  In the meanwhile Richard arrived and got to spend some time with his mom, Oscar, Nancy, Chad, and Kathy.

Sunday, we headed home from the river and I headed to Eustace to spend the day with my big fabulous family, in one of my favorite places.  The highlight of my day (besides my family of course) was the delicious plate of fried squash (from the garden) Aunt Elsie made me!  When I was about 5 years old I was spending the week at Aunt Elsie's and she made fried squash and I told here "That is disgusting, I'm not eating that!"  And Aunt Elsie said, "You are going to try one, and if you don't like it you don't have to eat anymore."  So I ate my one, then I ate the whole plate, and ever since it's been one of my all time favorite foods.  So I am very thankful for the treat!  Also, I got to meet Amanda, a new member of the Groom family, and I would like to wish her and Justin lots of blessings in the upcoming months.

Monday we went to Jacksonville and spent the day with Aunt Suzanne and Nana, basking in the sun room and watching the birds.  It was another beautiful day, but we had to leave early to meet Maria for dinner at Pappacito's, YUM!



The rest of the week we spent with my parents during the day and our friends at night.  We love you all, and are so glad we got to see you and spend time with you!  And a special congratulations to BRK!







Friday, mom and I did some retail therapy and then I headed out to Montague for Tara's rehersal dinner.  After the rehearsal dinner we headed out to Bowie to get some sleep before the big day. 


Saturday, we got up early to start primping.  Pedi's, hair, bridal luncheon, limo, makeup, and then we were ready for the BIG event.  Tara was beautiful, the wedding was amazing, and I had a fabulous time!  My only sadness... It was my last night in Texas! 


Parkland's Finest!


Sunday, one last meal in Texas, we had breakfast with my parents before heading to the airport to come home.  It was an AMAZING trip, we love our family and friends!  And we miss you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Hit Counters