Monday, September 6, 2010

What's SUP?

Last week Nicole and I went to Chesapeake Beach, MD to go Stand Up Paddleboarding.  What is it you ask?  It is exactly what it sounds like it is standing up on a board with a paddle to move yourself along.  We did this in the Chesapeake Bay.  You do not actually get into the water (which is good since there is a massive jelly fish invasion), you step directly from the dock onto the board and paddle.  It is a very fun adventure if you have considered it, or ever get the opportunity I highly recommend it!  Here are a few pictures to enhance your understanding.

I started on my knees, to make sure I wasn't going to take a dive with the jellies...

You can also sit when you get tired or don't feel stable enough to stand.

Standing in the Bay!

Ok, any questions?

1 comment:

  1. I think I'd be too freaked out by the jellies to try it, cause I'm sure I'd fall in! Lol looks like it'd be fun in non-infested waters though!

    ReplyDelete

 
Hit Counters