Sunday, September 12, 2010

First Week of Clinical

Wednesday September 8th was an important day in my life this year for a reason other than the fact that it is my husband's birthday.  It was also the day I had my first official day of clinical.

So at the end of the week I would like to recap how I've felt... I LOVE it!!!

It has been a tough week having to get used to getting up again at 5am everyday, and used to being up and on my feet all the time again (instead of sitting on the couch studying), and of course being the new kid who knows nothing.  However, at the same time knowing so little is exhilarating, because you learn so much so fast.  It's also nice, because there are 8 Georgetown students at Washington Hospital Center with me, so there's always a friendly face, and it kindof takes me back to my NIP days.  So I just want everyone to know that this was a great decision and I am super happy to be starting this phase of my training. 

From here on out I have 15months of clinical left, before I graduate.  My only fear is that I only get two weeks of vacation TOTAL in that time period.  I get one week between December and May and one more between June and November.  Then I am planning a trip to Brazil, Argentina, and Chile to celebrate!  (but that's still a long way off...but a lot closer than it was a year ago!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Hit Counters