Monday, September 6, 2010

What I missed most...

August has been my research month at school, which means I have not had any organized classes I've simply been finishing my thesis research.  Needless to say, it did not consume all of my time by any means, so I've had time to resume some of my favorite hobbies and of course do some fun stuff with my husband and friends.

Hobby 1...Reading:
1-4: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn.
These were actually better the second time around, New Moon wasn't near as depressing.
5: Mansfield Park
It's no Emma or Pride and Prejudice, but still very good, it made me want to do a Jane Austen book club.
6: The Gatecrasher
By Madeliene Wickham who used to be Sophie Kinsella, not her best work, but a quick read none the less.
7. Snow Flower and The Secret Fan
This book was absolutely amazing, and I highly recommend it if you are looking for a good read.  Definately the WINNER!!!

Hobby 2...Cooking

For the last month I've made all kinds of new and delicious treats, the highlights being homemade Focaccia and a Boston Cream Pie!!!

Focaccia Take 1


Boston Cream

Focaccia Take 2

Hobby 3...Having FUN!!! 
Dinner's, Happy Hour's, the Zoo, Family, Inception, Brunch at the Kennedy Center, ect.





What I didn't miss, but had to do anyway...
  • Laundry
  • Errands
  • Dentist
  • Dr's Appointments
  • Class president duties

Either way August was a GREAT month, I'm going to miss it, tomorrow is my first day back to school!

1 comment:

  1. Your food is pretty. I'm glad you found some time to do fun stuff. It was great seeing you last month. Come back soon

    ReplyDelete

 
Hit Counters